Every animal is valued through dignity and respect in all communities within our region
Making a Difference - Saving Lives
- We believe we all share in the responsibility to take a stand and be the voice for animals; a vulnerable segment of our society.
- We believe our no-kill philosophy and practice gives every animal a right to life.
- We believe in fostering meaningful relationships that are built on honesty, trust and transparency with our partners, supporters and the community at large.
- We believe that as a safe haven providing medical intervention, emotional stimulation and love, we give animals the best chance of finding a forever home.
- We believe that the dignified and respectful treatment of all animals is a community responsibility.
- We see ourselves as partners with all communities within our region, as well as like-minded organizations, in keeping all animals safe.
- We believe in order to create a region that honors these basic rights and expectations that appropriate supportive local, provincial and federal legislation is necessary.
- We believe in building and fostering healthy relationships both with people and animals regardless of their needs and using our platform as a leader to advocate for the community.
"A humane Canada."
"As Canada’s voice for Animal Welfare, we drive positive, progressive change to end animal cruelty, improve animal protection and promote the humane treatment of all animals."
"As the convener and representative of the largest animal welfare community in Canada, we advance the welfare of animals, with a strong national voice promoting the interests and con-cerns of animal welfare to government, policy makers, industry and the public."
"The CFHS receives no government funding. We are completely dependent on voluntary contributions from the public and organizations such as corporate sponsors to fund our public education programs, campaigns for effective legislation to protect animals, and our crucial work to support, unite and represent local humane societies and SPCAs."
TERMS OF SERVICE DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Fort McMurray SPCA and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the Fort McMurray SPCA. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the Fort McMurray SPCA takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Fort McMurray SPCA appreciates your feedback and requests for information via this site. In general, information sent to Fort McMurray SPCA will be permitting us free use of any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send for any purpose.
We will not, except as otherwise noted on the Web site, release your name or publicize the fact you submitted materials or other information unless:
- we ask your permission to use your name
- we first notify you that the information you submit to a particular part of the Web site will be published or otherwise used with your name on it
- we are required to do so by law.